LeadVine is an online social community that simplifies how companies find new customers.
Search listings and make money with the information that you already have.
You can Sign Up Now or Read the Top 10 ways to use LeadVine
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is LeadVine?
- How does LeadVine work?
- How much does LeadVine cost to use?
- Why would I refer people I don't know?
- What is a referral fee?
- How do I post a sales lead?
- When do I have to pay the referral fee?
- Who do I pay the referral fee to?
- How do I come up with a referral fee when my sales rates vary?
- How much should my referral fee be?
- Do I have to list a referral fee with my post?
- How and when do I get my referral fee?
- A sales agent has not paid me the referral fee that we agreed upon. What next?
- How is LeadVine different from other websites / services?
- How can LeadVine help me?
- How is LeadVine different from Yahoo Answers?
- How can I take advantage of RSS?
- What is a Lister?
- What is a Connector?
- How was LeadVine started?
LeadVine is a website where:
- You can find sales leads or hard to find information by asking the community to be your sales force and rewarding them with a referral fee; and
- Where the community can earn finders fees for information that is at their finger tips.
Free! You pay referral fees directly to the person who referred you. LeadVine does not get involved in the transaction.
There are no up front costs, no monthly costs, no set up costs, no hey wait a minute I want to charge you now costs, no oops you want that information that will cost you, no oh you want to go to that page that will be $10, no oh you just made $10,000 for 20 minutes of work using our site. well I want 10% of that. Hey we are stupid not to charge but what good is a community if you have to pay.
But you can repay us by emailing us if you had a great experience at email@example.com and tell us your story.
There are two types of referrals, strong referrals and weak referrals.
- Business owners and sales people (listers) list the sales leads or hard to find information they are searching for.
- The community (connectors) reviews the list of referral offers and finds postings that they have the information for. The connector contacts the business owners or sales person who posted the referral offer in LeadVine.com.
- The lister and the connector discuss the details of the potential sales lead.
- The lister pursues the referral, the sale closes, the sales person / lister gets the sale, and the connector gets the referral fee.
A strong referral is when you know the business / person you are referring and can recommend their work.
A weak referral is when you do not know the business or person you are referring but you have a contact / colleague / friend that needs their service.
For weak referrals LeadVine recommends that you qualify the referral or state that you don't know how good the service or product is.
For example if you know a company that needs IT services you can recommend a company / person from LeadVine but state that you don't know the quality of the product/ service.
"I heard you have problems with your network. I came across an IT consulting company that can help you. I have not worked with them so I don't know how good they are. Do you want me to have them give you a call?
A referral fee is money a person offers to another in exchange for a sales lead or hard to find information. A referral fee is usually paid as a percentage of the commission after closing.
Anyone can post a sales lead. You first need to register and become a member. You can posts sales leads as soon as you register.
As a lister you set the parameters. You determine how and when to pay the referral fee.
You do NOT pay LeadVine any referral fees. You coordinate payment parameters and milestones with the referrer. LeadVine does not get involved.
We suggest determining your referral fee by multiplying a percentage to the average sale price of your goods / services.
That is up to you. We suggest a range between 5% - 20% of the sales price. The higher your referral fee is the more exposure you will receive.
Yes, you have to list a referral fee with every post. The minimum referral fee is $50. You set the payment parameters of the referral fee . You can pay the referral fee after the close of the sale or after you receive a good lead. It's up to you. LeadVine is not involved in the transaction, we are simply a site that lists referral fees or finders fees.
You agree upon the payment details with the person listing the referral. LeadVine is not involved in payment details. We do provide you with the ability to receive payment via Paypal.
LeadVine gives you the ability to rate each transaction. If you were not paid your referral fee you can leave the lister a low ranking and post a comment. We are not responsible or liable for any transaction in which you do not receive payment for information or service you provided. We strongly suggest that you sign a referral fee contract for each transaction you enter into.
- LeadVine is a community based website where individuals or businesses ask the community to be the sales force or information finder.
- LeadVine is completely free.
- LeadVine members can earn easy money for information they already know or can easily find out.
- LeadVine is worldwide.
- LeadVine focuses on having everyone be the sales force, not just salespeople.
- Find sales leads or hard to find information
- Only pay for leads that turn into sales
- Engage the community to work for you
- Free sales force
- Focus on your job and not on sales
For those of you who don't know, RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication. RSS Feeds gives you the ability to have content pushed directly to you, rather than having to go fetch it. How does LeadVine use RSS? Basically, RSS is tied to the search functionality. For example, if you search for "marketing sales leads, San Francisco", at the bottom-right of the page you'll see an RSS icon.
Simply subscribe to that URL in your feed reader and you'll be able to read new entries that meet your search criteria. You can track as many search terms as you wish. If you simply wish to track a region or country, enter that as your query and pick up the feed. Be creative!
A Lister is a company or person who posts a need for sales leads, information, etc. A Lister posts a
referral fee they are willing to pay to the person who provides the sales lead, information etc.
A Connector is a person who has a lot of contacts or who come across a lot of information and can help
other people or companies find sales leads, information, job candidates, etc. You can contact a
connector, offer them a referral fee, and ask them to help you increase sales or find information.
LeadVine was started by the founders of two competing companies. Allan, the founder of WageExchange.com, and Ben, the founder of SalaryScout, joined forces with the hope of starting something special.
- Yahoo Answers are where people can ask any questions for the community to answer.
- LeadVine focuses on having people or companies ask for leads for potential new sales or information that will lead them to hard to find items such as antiques or sparse apartments in great locations.
- LeadVine members pay a minimum of $50 for new sales leads.
Allan had the idea for LeadVine since early 2000 after being tired of cold calling all day. He was thinking of solutions on how to find new business for his accounting temp agency.
A few years later Allan started a salary information website, WageExchange.com, and Ben Started a competing salary information website a few months later, SalaryScout.com.
Allan was looking for a business partner with the same ideals, vision, and entrepreneurial spirit to start LeadVine. After a few frustrating months Allan emailed Ben and introduced himself. They discussed the idea and immediately thought the idea, if executed properly, could be a big winner. They learned that they had a lot in common, they were both Sarbanes-Oxley auditors, serial entrepreneurs, competitors, and had similar hobbies in photography and following their alma mater's sports teams.